There has been so much change in my life since the last time I wrote. Let's see...
- I completed the Sugar Experiment and was a champ! I continued it for about 6 months and felt the best I have ever felt (made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with out cheating on a sugary treat once. Not once!)
- I got a good grade on this sugar project I was doing for my Nutrition class
- I started Grad school in Education
- Stopped Grad school in Education
- Changed directions for Grad school and am now taking prerequisites for a degree in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Got a new car
- Got a new job
- Moved to my favorite part of town
- Completed a triathlon
- Completed several 5K races
- BECAME AN AUNTIE!!!
- Became a Paleo diet follower
- Became an Online dater (have mercy)
- Became a published photographer
It's a new year and I am starting this sugar-free diet again. This time I am following a different plan. I am following the 21-Day Sugar Detox (21DSD) by Diane Sanfilippo of Balanced Bites (http://balancedbites.com/2012/12/the-biggest-21-day-sugar-detox-begins-on-january-1-2013.html). I have been reading their material for a few months and really enjoy their approach. They simplify things. I like that. Simple. It's nice.
Day 1 = Jan 1: I was doing really well until... I burned bacon. I seriously freaking burned bacon. What??!! I love bacon (you really don't understand how obsessed I am). This doesn't happen to me. Is this a bad sign? It looked like hazardous waste on a plate and smelled even worse. I probably should have ionized the air in the house and worn a Hazmat suit to carry it outside to cool off. It was laughable.
I am happy to be back to the writing world. One thing I should mention if I haven't before: I do not consider myself to be a doctor, nutritionist, registered dietician, or the like. I am working my way toward those credentials and am learning as I go, and share what I learn and the awkward things that happen to me along the way.
Happy New Year to you and please... Don't burn the bacon, please.
-With One L


No comments:
Post a Comment