That's the sound of me munching on my last meal of the processed kind. After buying groceries tonight, I moseyed on over to my favorite fastfood place that I will greatly miss: Chic-Fil-A. I am convinced they know me by name AND menu selection. But they will soon forget me for another regular, predictable customer. Maybe I should swing through the drive-thru to say "HI" but not order anything. Would that be weird?
Ok, so the easy part is over. I have some groceries. I say "some" because I am sure there is plenty that I failed to purchase, but I also already had some of the required foods in my freezer (chicken, fish, veggies). So, here's what I bought for under $80:
(Some fruits, veggies, salad greens, cheeses, nuts, lentils and black beans, shrimp, lunch meat, and mustards. P.S. did you know pineapples come with instructions? Who knew!)
This small purchase took me several hours to buy and I have NO IDEA how many meals these will last. I used the shopping list I mentioned yesterday, but for the first time in probably EVER, I read labels. I was "that" girl at the grocery store. And you know what? It felt empowering... a little. I am still learning how to read those persnickety things too. However, it was so depressing to discover that sugar was a top ingredient in just about everything! One thing the grocery list didn't mention were things to buy to spice up the fruits, veggies, and meats. That's why I got mustards. There is no sugar in most mustards. Be sure to read the labels. Dijon and Spicy Brown are safe. So, we'll see how many dishes I can make with my new yellow BFF. :)
I didn't have time to develop 30 days of meals, but I have managed to get tomorrow's meals in order. Laying out 30 days worth of meals in one night might be a little bit too optimistic, especially since Pioneer Woman is not my name (have you seen what that woman can cook?!). Tomorrow I will work on building more meals. But, here's what's on tomorrow menu:
B: (I'm not a big breakfast eater but need to become one) - apple / coffee (no cream or sugar)
L: salad greens w/ almonds, cranberries, and lemon juice / water
S: raw carrots / water
D: grilled chicken (with maybe a hint of mustard cooked into/onto it), sauteed onions, mushrooms / salad greens w/ balsamic vinegar dressing / water
If I can only plan all of these things out and pack my lunches for work the night before, I just might actually be successful at this. I just wish the food would cook itself. *sigh...
I am still trying to find a good resource for recipes. I have a bunch of food now but have no idea what to do with it all. Have you happened to stumble upon any good ones you'd like to share? Body For Life has some good ones that I will need to modify occasionally by removing grains, but for the most part seem great. I am open to suggestions so please feel free to share what you've found! And feel free to share how your journey is going. I would love to hear that you too have begun the sugar-free journey!
Tomorrow's the big day! I should get some sleep so I can be strong to fight the devilish cravings...
Final tasty treat...(drool...)



No comments:
Post a Comment