So it's the end of Day 7 of 21 (already?!?) on this sugar detox and I have to say...I am having more fun this time than with the first one I did over a year ago. That could be due to having more knowledge about what foods I think are D-lish and how to cook them, and also knowing more about the abundance of combinations I have with so many good, whole foods. Additionally, I have a more sincere care for consuming foods that will lead me toward health and not toward unwellness (I think I made up that word). I went to Zio's (one of my favorites!) today for lunch and was able to completely refrain from eating any bread. That. Is. Progress, friends!!!
I follow several people on social media sites that give me inspiration and ideas on how to live this life healthier and cook some yummy foods. Since I am still fairly new to this whole cooking thing, I need all of the inspiration and ideas that I can find! :) Cave-Momma's Quest posted an idea on Facebook for the meal planning stage that resonated with me, so I tried it:
Fold a piece of paper into thirds. On left panel: plan your week's meals, middle panel: list ingredients, right panel: list what you need to buy. This took some time (partially because I was distracted with funny episodes of Monk and Psych) and as you can probably see, I didn't finish the week's meal planning but I am not worried about that. I have a feeling I will have leftover food for several meals. :) But this strategy of planning meals is what I did not do on the first sugar detox. Not planning made the last detox frustrating sometimes, and yes there were moments of tears (lots of tearful moments). But somehow I made it through with great success, and this concept was so simple that I think it will make this detox even better! You should try it.
Success can really be enhanced with planning and the practice of writing those plans down. I mentioned this before and it's funny that I keep coming back to it. Perhaps there is something I am still not learning. :)
"If you fail to plan, plan to fail" - Benjamin Franklin
More good news is that I haven't burned bacon again. Whew! On that note, I think I shall go cook some for tomorrow. :)
great job! ::virtual high five::
ReplyDelete<3, cave-momma ;)